Wednesday, January 13, 2010

when paths cross

lately I have been thinking alot about how I have handled my life since comeing to realize myself as a gay man. I realize that though I am looking for my other half, I cannot fall for just anyone and hope we are compatible.
up until now, I have never thought of myself as a person, with a "Type" and have been able to accept anyone for who they are, even though at a late point it seems to be me who ends up getting hurt. I realize that the face that I like guys and not girls is huge; however having a penis is not reason enough to date.
Recently I seem to have been the one who was always conceding anything in a relationship, willing to put the other before myself. and letting them be who they are, no matter how bad it makes me feel. I guess I do need to think about happiness for myself, not just for the person I have been going out with.
while I have not been dating anyone or meeting new people, I have been thinking alot about this. so now I guess I will take the good things where I may, and hope that the special guy who I have been looking for will cross paths in the near future. but for now, I can find happiness in the friends I have, and not feel so hurt about the whole situation

1 comment:

  1. I think this is all sound self advice. I should adopt the same attitude of taking life as it comes organically instead of trying to force certain things to happen.

    ReplyDelete